A Complete, Low-Cost and Stylish Home Energy Monitoring System
View/Download the EnergyBuddy Flyer PDF (600kb)
- opens in a new window -
The core of the FutureDash EnergyBuddy™ is a small, low-cost and easy-to-use stylish gateway that connects to your home network. It allows you to both monitor your home energy usage and control smart plugs and appliances in your home via your computers, smartphones and tablets.
EnergyBuddy collects your energy usage data through an easy-to-install current sensor and transmitter installed at your electrical panel or direct from a ZigBee®Smart Energy compatible smart meter for whole home readings. It features a unique translucent top that glows with changing colors to give you simple and instant feedback of energy consumption and generation as it happens. Individual devices, appliances and circuits can be monitored and controlled from FutureDash provided or other compatible smart plugs (including ZigBee®).
EnergyBuddy brings this data to life in real-time via your home network or the Internet. Through vivid energy dashboards on any PC web browser, or via iPhone, iPad, Android apps and selected smart TV platforms, EnergyBuddy allows you to quickly and easily understand the true energy consumption and costs of running your home or small business. With this information you can modify your energy usage to cut your costs, better manage your energy budget and lower your environmental impact.
EnergyBuddy also features built-in GridLock™ data security to give you unparalleled protection and guarantee absolute privacy of sensitive home energy information.
EnergyBuddy at a glance
Sleek and stylish, low-cost, easy-to-install home energy monitoring system:
- Easy-to-use graphical dashboards show whole homeand individual circuit/appliance data on computers, smartphones and tablets
- Supports multiple industry standards/technologies including ZigBee®(optional), WiFi plus USB expansion port
- Totally secure: only you have access to your data
- Starter kit includes gateway, current sensor, transmitter and with or without smart plugs
- Other configurations and partnering options available
Energy Management Dashboard Displays*
- Adobe Flash®-based (SWF), user-customizable remote energy management dashboards that run on compatible smart phones, mobile internet devices, tablets, connected TVs, and web browsers under Windows, Mac OS X & Linux
- Mobile apps support iPhone, iPad and Android platforms
- Desktop dashboard standalone apps for Windows and Mac OS X
- Real time and historical data, charts and graphs of usage, costs etc.
- Calculated values such as $/hr, kWh/ day, time-of-use etc.
- Goals / budget comparisons
- Power monitoring gauge panels
24/7 Monitoring and Reporting*
- Unique color-changing translucent top gives a simple and easily understood visual indication of energy use as it happens
- Configurable alerts and alarms sent via email and text messages
- Budget warnings and audio alerts
* - some features require broadband access